ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE TEAM
Title of the Project:
SUPERSCHNELL ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE TEAM
- VAGEESH P (C)
- PURANDARRAJ S (VC)
- PRAVEEN KUMAR
- PAVAN KUMAR
- TEJA SIMHA
- MONISSH BABU
- NITHIN KUMAR
- VARUN KUMAR
- YAHIYA AHMED
- ARIF KHAN
- BHAVYA SHREE
- Prof. HARISH BABU
- Prof. MUTHUVEL A
Various Events Participation details:
- Participated in National Level BAJA 2017-2018 from 24th January to 28th January 2018 in Pithampur, MP.
Achievements of the Project:
- Team superschnell showed drastic improvement in the design event. Out of 388 colleges teams our team secured overall 126th Position with 156.1 points out of 200 points and 12th Position in Karnataka.
- In the new entry category team scored overall 34th Position and 4th Position in the Karnataka.
- Team cleared the weight test, Engine Check and the technical inspection.
- Vageesh Baja team captain cleared the BAJA aptitude test, psychometry and group discussion.
Brief description of the project:
- Baja SAE is an intercollegiate design competition run by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
- Teams of students from universities all over the world design and build small off-road cars.
- The cars all have engines of the same specifications. As of 2018 the engine has been an unmodified Briggs & Stratton Model 19 Vangaurd engine single-cylinder with a displacement of 305cc and power output of approximately 10 bhp (7.5 kW).
- The goal in Baja SAE racing is to design, build and race off-road vehicles that can withstand the harshest elements of rough terrain.
Social relevance of the project:
- Participating in this event will help the students to not only develop their technical knowledge but also build managerial skills.
Photographs of the project: