About the Department
There is no refuting that the Computers play a fundamental role in today’s exceptionally automated culture. This is a civilization which has undergone major conversion in the space of a few hundred years whilst assured technologies have prospered and became a part of the social fabric.
As technological innovation advance, it will become increasingly important to have awareness and an understanding of the nature of information and communication technologies, and how they are changing. Anticipating these changes will enhance the choices you make in your personal and working life . Naturally, the more knowledge you have, the more will you be able to exert the power of information and communication technology.
The department encompasses exceedingly competent, veteran and fanatical faculty who communicates perceptive indispensable knowledge to the students. It is well equipped with sufficient quantity of computers and the latest software’s. which have high end systems capable of high speed data dispensation.
The department possesses a library, multimedia, projecting facility and internet facility, which is Wi-Fi enable. The faculty and students are encouraged to contribute in assorted national and international conferences. To enhance the technical knowledge in students, the department organizes frequent guest lectures. In order to comprise close association with industry, industrial communications and industrial expeditions are organized enable the students to experience the industrial environment. The students are encouraged to take up research and industrial projects.
The department demeanors a national level technical symposium Advaya every year with different themes, ‘IT-Touch To Create’ was the theme for Advaya 2013.
The department also encourages students to participate in various project exhibitions and students have brought laurels to the department and the college. The department is closely associated with the computer society of India (CSI) which is the largest association of IT Professionals in India.
The prime objective of the Computer Science and engineering program is to provide the students, a sound technological platform and the essential fundamental knowledge & hone the technical expertise as demanded by the contemporary engineering professionals .It prepares them to face the challenges of today’s IT Professional by divulging them to an extensive assortment of cutting edge technologies .
The department endeavors to construct a effervescent knowledge base milieu to authorize the students with the professional & individual brilliance as well.
- It is premeditated to offer an in depth knowledge of computer and its applications to congregate the requirements of the state of the art software industry and also to identify the opportunities in the vicinity.
- To construct ethically sturdy and socially responsible citizens.
- To offer every student with a sturdy conceptual foundation in the core vicinity of computer science and latest software tools.
- To provide students with hands on experience through laboratory courses and projects.
- To train students to work in teams and provide insight and direction into the program which imparts an exceptional instructive occasion for those planning to pursue a career or to gain in depth knowledge in computer technology and research, current trends, developments and analysis.
Program Outcomes (POs):
At the end of the B.E program, students are expected to have developed the following outcomes.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one‘s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognise the need and the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) defined by the program:
- The ability to understand, analyse and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, networking and embedded computing, web design, and data analytics for efficient design of computer-based systems.
- The ability to understand the evolutionary changes in computing technologies, apply standard practices and strategies in software project development and testing using various programming environments to deliver a quality product for business, real world problems and meet the challenges of the future.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
After 4 years of completing the programme on Bachelor of Computer Science and Engineering, the graduates will become,
- Graduates of the program can be an eminent Engineering Professional to engage in professional activities, commit to team work and adapt to an ever changing global technical environment.
- Graduate can have effective oral and written communication of technical and managerial informationto analyze and solve Computer Science and Engineering problems through the fundamental knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- Graduates can able to design and develop innovative solutions for real life problems in Computer Science and Engineering field and related domains.
To emerge as a “center for excellence” offering technical education and research opportunities of very high standards to students, develop the total personality of the individual, and still high levels of discipline and strive to set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall contribute to the advancement of society and human kind.
We Dedicate and commit ourselves to achieve, sustain and foster unmatched excellence in Technical Education. To this end, we will pursue continuous development of infrastructure and enhance state-of-the-art equipment to provide our students a technological up-to-date and intellectual inspiring environment of learning, creativity, innovation and professional activity and inculcate in them ethical and moral values.
We at Sri Sairam College of Engineering are committed to build a better nation through quality education with team spirit.
Our students are enable to excel in all values of life and become good citizens. We continually improve the infrastructure and services to satisfy the students, parents, industry and society.