AUTONOMOUS UNDERWATER VEHICLE
Title of the Project:
TEAM VARUNA AUTONOMOUS UNDERWATER VEHICLE
- Mr. AnoopDaewoo (Captain)
- Mr. KishoreKumar.S (Vice Captain)
- Mohammad Ismail
- Dr. K ShivasakthiBalan
- Prof. Muthuvel.A
- Prof.ShivaPrakash .C
- Prof. Aruna R
Various Events Participation details:
- Singapore Autonomous underwater Vehicle Competition (SAUVC) 2016.
- Student’s Autonomous underwater Vehicle challenge in (SAVe) 2016.
- Singapore Autonomous underwater Vehicle Competition(SAUVC) 2018.
Achievements of the Project:
- No 1 team in Karnataka in (SAUVC) & (SAVe) 2016-2018 events.
- Only team Represented Karnataka in Singapore Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Competition (SAUVC) 2016-2018.
Brief description of the project:
- The Autonomous Underwater Vehicle team which aims to provide students an opportunity to experience the challenges of AUV system engineering and develop skills in the associated technologies.
- AUV can go upto 50 m depth. In will run continuously for 1 hour in water. If any malfunction vehicle will come automatically due to the positive buoyancy.
Social relevance of the project:
- This AUV that have been gaining popularity in marine application areas such as Oceanography, monitoring the coastal environment, as well as in naval applications such as mapping of Naval marines for mine countermeasures.
- And this AUV can also be used in area such as Damage in Reservoir and Dam shutters can also be detected instead of human involvement.
Photographs of the project: