AUTONOMOUS UNDERWATER VEHICLE
Title of the Project:
TEAM VARUNA AUTONOMOUS UNDERWATER VEHICLE
- Mr. AnoopDaewoo (Captain)
- Mr. KishoreKumar.S (Vice Captain)
- Mohammad Ismail
- Dr. K ShivasakthiBalan
- Prof. Muthuvel.A
- Prof.ShivaPrakash .C
- Prof. Aruna R
Various Events Participation details:
- Singapore Autonomous underwater Vehicle Competition (SAUVC) 2016.
- Student’s Autonomous underwater Vehicle challenge in (SAVe) 2016.
- Singapore Autonomous underwater Vehicle Competition(SAUVC) 2018.
Achievements of the Project:
- No 1 team in Karnataka in (SAUVC) & (SAVe) 2016-2018 events.
- Only team Represented Karnataka in Singapore Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Competition (SAUVC) 2016-2018.
- Autonomous underwater Vehicle project selected for the DST-Lockheed Martin–IIGP 2.0 – University Challenge 2018 winners. Rs. 10,00,000 prize money.
- AUV project selected for the top 25 winners of Chennai Next Start-up Challenge 2018.
- AUV project Participated in the IEEE YESIST 12 2019 (YOUTH ENDEAVORS FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION USING SUSTAINABLE TECHNOLOGY) (formerly SS12) is an international talent show for the students and young professionals to showcase their innovative ideas to solve humanitarian and social issues affecting directly the community around them.
- AUV Projects have been selected for the Texas Instruments – India Innovative Design Challenge 2019. Texas Instruments sponsored 200$ worth of components for the development.
- 300m depth AUV project selected for the second round of Defense india start up challenge (DISC) 2018 launched in August 2018 under the Innovation For Defense Excellence (iDEX) – Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) programme. (Maximum 1.5 crore funds for the product development).
- Team selected for the SAUVC 2019-20. Autonomous underwater robotics is an exciting challenge in engineering, which participants get to experience at Singapore Autonomous Underwater Vehicle SAUVC . The competition is great learning ground for participants to experience the challenges of AUV system engineering and develop skills in the related fields of mechanical, electrical and software engineering.
- Team selected for the Robosub 2019-20. RoboSub competition is for an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) to demonstrate its autonomy by completing underwater tasks, with a new theme each year. Every year its happening in the a San Diego, CA 92106.
Brief description of the project:
- The Autonomous Underwater Vehicle team which aims to provide students an opportunity to experience the challenges of AUV system engineering and develop skills in the associated technologies.
- AUV can go upto 50 m depth. In will run continuously for 1 hour in water. If any malfunction vehicle will come automatically due to the positive buoyancy.
Social relevance of the project:
- This AUV that have been gaining popularity in marine application areas such as Oceanography, monitoring the coastal environment, as well as in naval applications such as mapping of Naval marines for mine countermeasures.
- And this AUV can also be used in area such as Damage in Reservoir and Dam shutters can also be detected instead of human involvement.
Photographs of the project: