SAIRAM BUSINESS INCUBATOR
About Sairam Business Incubator
Sairam Business Incubation center was established in the year 2019 under Sri Sairam College of Engineering in collaboration with Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC) in order to nurture the Entrepreneurship and Startup Eco-System in the student’s minds and to motivate the next generation people to become the recruiter. Sairam Business Incubator accelerates the growth and success of entrepreneurial companies through an array of business support resources and services that could include physical space, capital, coaching, common services, and networking connections.
MSME Approved Business Incubator
The main objective of the “Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSMEs through Incubators” is to promote & support untapped creativity of individual and to promote adoption of latest technologies in manufacturing as well as knowledge based innovative MSMEs (ventures) that seek the validation of their ideas at the Proof of Concept (PoC) level. The scheme also supports engagement with Enablers who will advise such MSMEs in expanding the business by supporting them in design, strategy and execution.
In the year 2020 Sairam Business Incubator has recognized as one of the approved Business Incubator (Reference No. : -HIBIKR000309) by MSME under this program, though which you can apply your potential and Best Ideas for this Grant Support. Note that applications for this scheme can only be submitted through a MSME approved Business Incubators.
- Guidance to prepare business plans
- Work space
- Mentoring support
- Referral services available to Incubatees
- Assess Incubatees’ progress against specific goals
- Linking incubates to other businesses and resources within the building and community
- Industry experts will be invited to provide insight into specialist needs
- Useful materials including accounting principles and tools, different government forms, lists of resources and companies, sample business plans and other materials
- Library facilities
- Internet Facility
- Conference room with audio-visual facilities
- Server space and Email facilities
- Fax and photo copying facilities
- Hospitality Facility
Prospective Area of Funding:
- Aeronautics Aerospace & Defence
- Artificial Intelligence
- AR VR (Augmented + Virtual Reality)
- Architecture Interior Design
- Art & Photography
- Telecommunication & Networking
- Computer Vision
- Non- Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Green Technology
- Enterprise Software
- Food & Beverages
- Technology Hardware
- Healthcare & Lifesciences
- Internet Of Things
- Media & Entertainment
- Textiles & Apparel
- Transportation & Storage
- Airport Operations
- Waste Management
- Unmanned aerial vehicle
- Bio medical
- Environmental management
- Plastic technology
Who Can Apply?
- Students, Alumni, Staff
- Early stage Start-ups
- Entrepreneurs etc.
Grant in Aid to HI for developing and nurturing the ideas up to max. Rs. 15.00 lakh per idea
Government of India assistance up to max. Rs. 15 lakh per idea shall be provided to HI. Preferably, the duration of the project/idea is one year, however, the same can be extended depending upon the circumstances.
Funds will be released in following two installments:
- 70% of the approved project cost after approval of the idea by committee and signing of agreement between Host Institute and Incubatee.
- 30% of the approved project cost after utilization of 80 % of 1stinstallment utilized and submission of physical verification report by concerned Implementing Agency (IA).
In case, an Incubatee leaves the idea / project unfinished, then the work / development done by the incubatee can be progressed by HI by engaging other deserving incubate(s) to further completing the idea / project, if considered worthy by the HI.
SEED Capital support fund for setting up of Startups:
- Assistance of up to INR 20 Lakhs as grants in aid for the seed capital support to appropriate Incubatee shall be provided.
- Financial assistance may be given in the form of soft loan, interest free loan, equity participation, grant or combination of these etc.
- Various expert agencies may be empaneled as Business Enablers with the approval of Project Monitoring and Advisory Committee (PMAC) and they will play a pivotal role in commercialization of ideas. They will get associated with projects/ideas at the time of seeking SEED capital support.
- Enablers will prepare business plans of ideas for its commercialization and also conduct market survey’ and provide necessary consultancy or advisory services on various issues involved in commercialization of idea. Business plan should also include recovery mechanism of SEED capital support to HI so as to be utilized for other projects.
- They will play a crucial role in getting the MSME selected for Proof of Concept validation as well as the seed funding round.
- Process and methodology for engaging Enablers will be decided and approved by committee.
- Fees paid to Enablers will be covered under the SEED Capital support fund.
Dr. B. Shadaksharappa
Sri SAIRAM College of Engineering
Anekal, Bengaluru – 562 106
Tel: 080 27840630, Fax:080 27830355
Dr. K. Sivasakthi Balan
Head Sairam Business Incubator
Chief Coordinator -Sri Leo Muthu innovation Centre
Sri Sairam College of Engineering
Anekal, Bengaluru – 562 106